Request for cancellation or postponement of your IELTS test must be made via email, letter, fax, or in person ONLY. Telephone cancellation or postponement will NOT be accepted.
- Cancellation MORE than 5 weeks ahead of the test date – candidate will receive full refund (less administrative fee of $75)
- Cancellation LESS than 5 weeks ahead of the test date – candidate will receive NO refund, unless a serious cause applies.
- Failure to appear for the test without notification is considered a cancellation and NO refund will be issued. This includes arriving late on the test day. The candidate must re-apply for a new test date.
- Requests for Test Date Transfer must be made MORE than 5 weeks prior to the registered test date. No transfer fee will be charged. Transfer dates will depend on availability, but must be chosen within the next 3 month period.
- Candidates who wish to transfer to a test date more than 3 months away should apply for a refund and then re-apply for the test.
- Candidates who wish to transfer LESS than 5 weeks prior to their registered test date will be treated as a cancellation and will receive NO refund, unless a serious cause applies. The candidate must re-apply for a new test date.
Candidates who seek to cancel their registration or transfer test dates within the 5 week period prior to the test date will only receive a refund if they can satisfy to the Administrator that their ability to sit the test has been affected by illness or serious cause. Serious causes include:
- Serious illness – e.g. hospital admission or serious injury (Does not include minor illness such as a mild cold)
- Loss or bereavement – death of a close family member
- Hardship/trauma – victim of crime, victim of a traffic accident
- Military service
Apply for Refund/Transfer
Candidate must lodge an application for refund/transfer no later than 5 business days after the test date. Candidates must complete a Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form and attach the appropriate documentation and/or evidence. Acceptable documents may include a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death certificate, or a police report. Statutory declarations and certificates signed by family members are not acceptable.
Page 2 of the Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form must be filled out by the candidate. If the reason for cancellation/transfer is medical, page 3 must be filled out by a medical practitioner. The completed form(s), along with supporting documentation, may be dropped off at CES Exams Toronto (112 Elizabeth St,Toronto, ON M5G 1P5) in person during regular business hours, sent by mail to the same address, faxed to 416-968-6667, or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Administrator will advise the candidate within one week of lodging the application whether or not their request has been approved.