Cancellations, Refunds and Transfers
CANCELLATION / TRANSFER
Request for cancellation or postponement of your IELTS test must be made via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone cancellation or postponement will NOT be accepted.
- Cancellation MORE than 5 weeks ahead of the test date – candidate will receive full refund (less administrative fee of $80)
- Cancellation LESS than 5 weeks ahead of the test date – candidate will receive NO refund, unless an exceptional circumstances applies.
- Failure to appear for the test without notification is considered a cancellation and NO refund will be issued. This includes arriving late on the test day. The candidate must re-apply for a new test date.
- Requests for Test Date Transfer must be made MORE than 5 weeks prior to the registered test date for paper-based test and More than 1 week prior to the registered test date for computer-delivered IELTS. (additional administrative fee of $80 applies)
- No transfer fee will be charged. Transfer dates will depend on availability, but must be chosen within the next 3 month period.
- Candidates who wish to transfer to a test date more than 3 months away should apply for a refund and then re-apply for the test.
- Candidates who wish to transfer LESS than 5 weeks prior to their registered test date will be treated as a cancellation and will receive NO refund, unless a exceptional circumstances applies. The candidate must re-apply for a new test date.
Credit Card Authorization Form
Exceptional Circumstances and Special Consideration
On rare occasions, there may be instances where you are unable to attend your test or are disadvantaged on test day owing to illness, injury, or another exceptional event outside your control and no longer qualify for a standard cancellation, refund or transfer close to the test date. In these cases, including instances such as bereavement, civil unrest, domestic crisis, you may make an application to the test center for special consideration due to exceptional circumstances.
Special Consideration Owing to Exceptional Circumstances
On rare occasions, there may be instances where you are unable to attend your test or are disadvantaged on test day owing to illness, injury, or another exceptional event outside your control. In these cases, you may make an application to the test center for special consideration due to exceptional circumstances. This will allow you to carry over your test fee to a later assessment opportunity or, in some cases, apply for a refund. Special consideration includes instances such as:
- A traumatic experience
- Domestic crisis
- Unavoidable legal or military obligation
- Serious illness – e.g. hospital admission or serious injury (Does not include minor illness such as a mild cold)
- Bereavement, or other forms of significant hardship.
- Civil unrest, extreme weather
Apply for Refund/Transfer
Candidate must lodge an application for refund/transfer no later than 5 business days after the test date. Candidates must complete the following form: Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form and attach the appropriate documentation and/or evidence. Acceptable documents may include a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death certificate, or a police report. Statutory declarations and certificates signed by family members are not acceptable.
Page 2 of the Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form must be filled out by the candidate. If the reason for cancellation/transfer is medical, page 3 must be filled out by a medical practitioner. The completed form(s), along with supporting documentation, may be dropped off at CES Exams Toronto (112 Elizabeth St, Toronto, ON M5G 1P5) in person during regular business hours, sent by mail to the same address, faxed to 416-968-6667, or scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
The Administrator will advise the candidate within one week of lodging the application whether or not their request has been approved.