CES Exams Toronto
All CES Exams Testing has been suspended. For the protection of our staff and candidates and following a directive from Toronto’s Medical Officer, the following IELTS Tests have been cancelled:
CES Exams Toronto is making plans to deliver a safe, physically-distanced test environment spread across more times and dates to better serve you. Some of the measures that will be taken to prioritize your safety include:
1. Deep cleaning of test centre. All testing equipment is disinfected before each test
2. 2 m spacing between candidates ensured at all times: at check-in, waiting area and in the test room
3. Each testing station has a partition, which ensures a barrier between test takers
4. Mandatory face masks for all staff and candidates
5. Staff do not come to work if they are feeling unwell. We check with all candidates before the test and offer free test date transfers to any candidate who feels unwell
6. All candidates and staff receive temperature checks on entry. Candidates with a fever or cough will be transferred.
7. Each candidate receives their own pencil. Pencils sterilized before reuse
8. Hand sanitizer available at check in and in each testing room
9. Candidates receive their own bags for personal belongings which are not reused
If you have a test booked and you cannot write the test because you are unwell or the session has to be cancelled, you will be given the opportunity to rebook a future test date or receive a refund. If you have any questions, please contact CES Exams at email@example.com.
CES Toronto Exams is an official International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Test Centre in downtown Toronto, Ontario. We offer paper-based and computer -delivered IELTS for both types of the test – Academic and General Training.
Over 10,000 educational institutions, government agencies and professional organizations in more than 140 countries around the world recognize IELTS scores as a trusted and valid indicator of ability to communicate in English.
In Canada, IELTS is used as a measure of English language proficiency for citizenship, Permanent Residence applications, immigration, skilled worker applications, university/college entrance requirements, Masters degree programs, and other professional designations.
The IELTS test is composed of 4 sections – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. At our centre all 4 are delivered on the same day.
If you select the paper-based IELTS option, you will answer 3 sections of the test - Listening, Reading and Writing on paper. The Speaking test will be carried out face-to-face with a certified IELTS Examiner. At CES Toronto Exams, the paper-based exams takes place in small rooms and you will attempt the test with a group of 15 to 20 other candidates. At CES Toronto Exams, the paper-based IELTS exam takes places 3 times per month on a Saturday with one Thursday testing per month. CES Toronto Exams conducts the paper based IELTS exam in downtown Toronto, as well as at other locations within the Greater Toronto Area - for more details, please check the location list HERE.
Results for paper-based IELTS are available 13 days after the test.
By choosing to do your IELTS test on the computer, you will take the Listening, Reading and Writing sections on a computer. For the Listening part of the test you will be provided with headphones. The Speaking test will remain as a face-to-face interview with a trained IELTS Examiner, as it is the most effective way of assessing your speaking skills. Our computer lab accommodates up to 10 candidates at a time and test sessions are available twice a day – during the week and on selected Saturdays.
Results for computer-delivered IELTS are available 5-7 days after the test.